登陆注册
15821900000005

第5章 PoseanOpinion提出意见

In a meeting, being an active member is preferable to being a non contributor. Preparation for the meeting may range from finalizing a particular task to merely being aware of the issues and having an informed opinion on them. In a meeting every individual should be seen as a resource and therefore should make comments when appropriate.

在会上,做一个积极的参与者要胜于做一名沉默的听众。为会议做好充分的准备包括最后确认任务、了解问题和形成成熟的见解等一系列工作。因为每个人都是会议的资源,他们必须在适当的时候提出个人意见。

会议中的提案Offer the Proposal

会议中的提案

would like to propose... 想要提议

I would like to propose that we investigate customers opinions.

(=I propose that we investigate customers opinions.)

(=I suggest that we investigate customers opinions.)

我建议我们调查顾客意见。

I would like to propose that we make a contract with James Corporation.

我想正式提议,我们和James 股份有限公司签约。

Mr.President,I would like to propose an amendment to the motion.

主席,对此提议,我想提出一个修正案。

I would like to propose that we look at our accountant s figures.

我建议先看看我方会计师的数据。

I would like to propose that we should consider the quantity first.

我建议我们应先考虑数量。

I would like to propose a six month trial period.

我建议试行期为6个月。

I would like to propose more advertising for this project.

我提议针对这个计划多做广告。

We would like to propose at least a basic plan within the month.

我们一定要在这个月内提出基本方案。

move that... 提出动议

I d like to move that we cancel the contract with James Corporation.

(=Can I make a motion that we should cancel the contract with James Corporation?)

(=Let s make a motion to cancel the contract with James Corporation.)

我提出动议,取消与 James 股份有限公司的合约。

I oppose to move like that.

我反对提议那样做。

second the motion 附议

Is there anyone who wants to second the motion?

有人附议吗?

I second the motion.

我附议。

Mr. chairman, our delegation is pleased to second the motion.

主席先生,我们代表团附议这项提案。

have a question/some questions 有疑问

I have a question.

我有一个问题。

I have some questions about your plan.

对你的计划,我有些疑问。

I have some questions about this result.

对于这个结果我有些怀疑。

We have a question regarding this proposal.

对于这项提案,我们有疑问。

be unbelievable/ cannot trust 难以相信

Your statement is unbelievable.

你的陈述令人难以相信。

I find your report on the project is unbelievable.

我发现你关于这篇计划的报道令人难以相信。

We cannot trust you as a business partner.

我们无法把你当成一个商业伙伴来信任。

I cannot trust your plan at this stage.

以现阶段来说,我无法信任你的计划。

I cannot trust what you mention.

我不能相信你所说的话。

There are... /This is... 有/这是

There are two opinions about the new joint venture.

(=I have two suggestions about the new joint venture.)

(=I have two proposals regarding the new joint venture.)

关于新合资企业有两个提案。

There are a couple of ways to make a contract with that company.

跟那家公司签约有两种方法。

There are several opinions regarding this proposal.

关于这项提案有几种不同的想法。

This is a first blueprint for us to use as a starting point for our discussion.

这是我们用来当作讨论起点的第一个蓝图。

This is our first contract with James Corporation.

这是我们与 James 股份有限公司的第一份合约。

compare... with 进行比较

How do you compare results with the theory?

你怎么把结果与理论进行比较?

At the end, are results consistent compare with theory?

最后结果与理论一致吗?

Compared with Mr. Smith s opinion, I prefer to this one.

与 Smith 先生的提议相比,我更倾向于此。

I wonder if you have compared your results with the theory.

我想知道你是否拿自己的实验结果与理论比较过了。

this report... 这份报告

This report describes innovation.

这份报告是在叙述革新一事。

This report tries to demonstrate innovation.

这份报告试着要论证革新。

This report summarizes the development of the new material.

这份报告概述了新材料的开发。

This report compares the size of the market.

这份报告针对市场规模做比较。

This report is a brief summary of an article published last month in “The Review of International Science”.

这篇报告是上个月刊登在《国际科学评论》上的一篇文章的摘要。

This report is a literature review.

(=This report reviews the literature.)

这份是文献综述的报告。

This report is working in progress.

这份报告仍在进行中。

If... 如果会如何

If we were to extend our sales period to 2years later, what kind of situation would we be in?

如果我们将销售时间延长为两年后,我们会处于什么样的情况?

If there is trouble, which division is in charge of resolution?

如果有问题,哪个部门要负责解决?

If it will be too expensive, we never sell it there again—we pack it in.

如果成本太高,我们就不再在那个市场销售——卷铺盖回家。

If we don t act now, Europe and America will take the initiative.

如果我们现在不采取行动的话,欧美就会捷足先登。

If we leave things as they are, we could end up with a bad result.

我们如果置之不理,将会自食恶果。

If you don t do something now, it ll be too late.

如果你现在什么都不做,那一切将会太迟了。

If word of this leaks out beforehand, we won t be able to achieve what we planned to.

如果有关这件事情的消息提前泄露,我们绝对无法完成我们的计划。

If we can t meet the deadline, they may cancel the order.

如果我们无法准时交货,他们可能会取消订单。

If this succeeds, it ll be very useful for improving people s live.

如果这个计划成功的话,将会有效地改善人民的生活。

If this works out well, it will be the first achievement of its kind in the world.

如果进展顺利的话,可以说是史无前例的成就。

A:Now, Mr. Smith, how about your opinion?

好了,Smith 先生,您有什么想法吗?

B:I would like to propose that we investigate customers opinions.

我建议我们应该调查顾客意见。

A:Thank you. Do I hear a second for the motion?

谢谢。有人附议吗?

C:Mr. Chairman, I should like to propose an amendment to Mr. Smith s proposal. I suggest we should pay more attention to the quality ourselves instead of the opinion.

主席先生,针对 Smith 先生的提议,我想做一下修正。我觉得我们应更多关注我们的产品质量,而不是听其他人怎么说。

A:Is there a second for the proposed amendment?

有人附议此修正案吗?

D:Mr. Chairman. Our delegation is pleased to second Mr. Smith s proposal compared with Mr. Li s.

主席先生,与李先生的提议比起来,我们代表团更倾向于附议 Smith 先生的提议。

A:OK, if there is no other opinion, we decide to...

好的,如果没有其他意见,我们决定……

请求补充说明

a little more detail(ed)/further... 更详细点/进一步

Could you explain it in a little more detail?

你可否解释得更详细一点儿?

I would appreciate your further explanation to justify the issue.

如果你可以提供进一步说明来证明这个问题,那我将不胜感激。

Would you give a little more detailed comments on this issue?

对于这个问题,你可否提供稍微详细一些的评论?

Could you provide us with more further data?

你能提供更多进一步的资料吗?

Would you give further comments on this matter?

你可以进一步说明这件事吗?

Would you please give a little more detail about it?

你能详细地讲一下吗?

These two structures sound very similar to me, and I wonder if you would explain in a little more detail how you differentiate between them.

这两种结构对我来说很相像,我想请你详细讲一下它们的区别。

repeat... 重复

Please repeat your final point.

请重复最后一点。

Would you be kind enough to repeat your first argument, your last argument, your question and your motion?

请重复你最初的主张、最后的主张、问题及提案,好吗?

Mr. Chairman, I did not understand Mr. A s statement. May I ask him to repeat it once more?

主席先生,我不理解A先生的陈述,我可以要求他重复吗?

Would you please repeat the question?

请重复一下这个问题,好吗?

I m sorry, I missed the second part of your question. Would you repeat it?

很抱歉我错过了你的问题的第二部分。你可以重复一下吗?

Would you be kind enough to repeat the first part of your argument?

麻烦您重复论点的第一部分好吗?

Could you please repeat the problem?

你可以重复一下那个问题吗?

That question seems a little vague; could you please repeat it?

这个问题有点模糊,能请你重复一下吗?

Can I pardon you to repeat it? I didn t hear clearly.

我能请你重复一下吗?刚才我没听清。

give the reason 请教理由

Mr.Smith,why do you hold to the proposal? Can you give us the reasons?

Smith先生,你为何要坚持这个提案?你能告诉我们原因吗?

Mr. A, why do you hold to that viewpoint? Can you give us the reasons for your statement?

A先生,你为什么坚持那个观点?你能陈述一下理由吗?

Mr.Smith,could you give me the reason for reaching that conclusion?

Smith先生,可否告诉我得出那个结论的理由?

cause(s)/ reason 原因

It must have its own reason.

它一定有它的原因。

There are many cases where the cause is unknown.

有许多情况原因不明。

This is a contributory cause, not a sufficient cause.

这是其中一个原因,但不是主要原因。Could you explain... 你能解释

Could you explain how the experiment was performed?

你能解释一下实验是如何进行的吗?

Could you explain what you mean by this?

你能解释一下你这么说/做的意思吗?

Could you explain your last point?

请你解释最后一点,好吗?

Many people may not understand the distinction between configuration and conformation. Could you explain?

很多人不清楚 configuration 和 conformation 的区别,你能帮忙解释一下吗?

Could you explain how you differentiate between a law and a regulation?

你能解释法律和规则的区别吗?

Could you explain how this machine works?

你能解释这种机器的工作原理吗?

what do you mean...是什么意思

If I may ask a question, what do you mean by that statement?

如果我可以提问的话,请问那个声明是什么意思?

To put it in a more concrete way, what do you mean in mind?

具体一点说,你的想法是什么?

What do you mean are the best procedures for solving the problem?

你认为解决这个问题的最好方法是什么?

What procedures do you mean?

你建议用什么方法呢?

not go into details 略述表达

In the interest of time, I will not go into details on this subject.

由于时间关系,我不详细讲这个问题了。

In the interest of brevity, I will not go into details on this topic.

因为时间有限,在这个题目上我不浪费太多时间了。

I am not going to spend too much time going into the details of the phenomena.

我就不详述这件事了。

I do not feel that I should go into experimental details, since they are published.

既然已经公开了,我认为没有必要再详尽描述这个实验的细节了。

A:We must recognize the serious mature of the problems we face. We must study these problems from every angle, and we must then develop a policy for dealing with them...

我们必须认清我们所面临的问题,必须研究问题的每个方面并制定出对策……

B:Sorry to interrupt you, for I want you to explain the question you have just proposed.

很抱歉打断你,你能解释一下你刚提出的那个问题吗?

A:OK, I say,“We must recognize the serious nature of the problems we face...”

好的,我刚才说,“我们必须认清我们所面临的问题……”

B:Oh, I know. I means that this question seems a little vague; could you please explain it?

是的,我知道,我的意思是说这个问题听起来有点糊涂,你能为我们解释一下吗?

A:Certainly, I thought you didn t hear clearly.

当然可以了,我还以为你没听清楚呢。

B:Thank you. Can you explain it for us now?

谢谢你。那现在你能为大家解释一下吗?

A:Sure. Listen to me seriously.

好的,认真听我往下说。

回应质疑

be difficult to / cannot answer 难以回答

It is difficult to answer immediately/at once/right away.

要立即回答是有困难的。

I cannot answer your question at this moment.What I can tell you is that we are developing a new technology.

此刻我尚未充分准备好回答你的问题。我能告诉你的是我们正在开发一种新技术。

I am sorry I cannot answer your question at this time.I will have an answer ready before the next meeting.

很抱歉目前我无法回答你的问题。我会在下次会议召开之前准备好答案。

We believe this is an unreasonable request, and cannot answer it in any way.

我们相信这是不合理的要求,我们不打算回答。

It is totally unreasonable to raise an entirely new matter and ask us to respond immediately. We cannot answer your question now.

提出一个全新的问题并要求我们立即回应并不合理,我们现在不能回答你的问题。

thank you (for...) 感谢(指出)

That is a very good question. Thank you!

那是一个非常棒的问题。谢谢!

Thank you for addressing this point.

谢谢你提出这一点。

As to your first question, I should say thank you.

针对你的第一个问题,我应该说谢谢。may be... 或许是

I am not familiar with the subject, but he may be quite right.

我不熟悉这个问题,但他或许是对的。

If we want to realize our goal, may be this is the only way.

如果我们想实现我们的目标,或许这是唯一的方法了。

May be you are right, but I still want to remind you of the limit.

或许你是对的,但我还是想提醒你关于期限的问题。

but 但是

Please excuse me for being direct,but I think we should quit doing new business.

请原谅我的直截了当,但是我认为我们该停止新业务。

I am not familiar with the proposal,but I think Ms.Morgan is quite right.

我对这个提案并不熟悉,但是我认为Morgan小姐相当正确。

I may be mistaken,but I think that we should develop a new product again.

我也许弄错了,但是我认为我们应该再开发一个新的产品。

Perhaps I missed the point,but I think that we should reinvestigate.

或许我误会了,但是我认为我们应该再调查一遍。

That proposal is ideal,but to tell you the truth,it is very unrealistic.

那个提案很理想化,但是事实上,它非常不切实际。

Forgive me, but I m afraid I don t see your point.

不好意思,你说的我不明白。

That s interesting—but just how does this point fit in with the issue being considered?

那很有趣,不过这适合现在讨论的问题吗?

Excuse me for interrupting you, but that s not what I meant.

很抱歉打断你,但是我的意思并不是这样。

Maybe I m worrying about it too much, but please consider what to do in case of an emergency.

或许我过于操心了,但请想想如何处理紧急情况。

A:How much will all these cost?

这些一共要花多少钱呢?

B:That s a tough question to answer.

那是一个很难答复的问题。

A:I meant to spent no more than 1,000 dollars.

我打算不超过¥1000。

B:That s not my area, but I ll get an answer for you.

那不是我的范围,但我会为你找出答案。

A:I know what you mean; I ll leave 3days for you to consider.

我知道你是什么意思,给你们3天时间考虑。

B:Thank you. But I really cannot answer your question at this time. I will reconfirm with the sales department and get beck to you.

谢谢。但目前我的确无法回答你的问题,我将和业务部门再确认之后回复你。

A:Well, of course in a way you might say so, but please remember the deadline.

我想你当然可以那样说,但请记得最后期限。

同类推荐
  • 英语学习成功之路

    英语学习成功之路

    本书主要在英语学习的目的课时、教材形式的选择和英美英语的区别上展开讨论;从语音、词汇、语法和翻译几方面,具体讲述英语学习方法,从而提学习效率,达到事半功倍的英语学习效果。
  • 课外英语-律诗精选(双语版)

    课外英语-律诗精选(双语版)

    本套书共50册,分为美国各州的小知识,七彩缤纷的音符,优美好看的小散文,开心时分的短文,经典流传的寓言,超级高效的短句,实际有用的词汇等等在这些书中,备有单词解释,相关简介,或中文翻译,便于同学们更好的阅读和理解,真正进入文字的内涵当中,准确地和文字进行交流。主要介绍张九龄、王勃、岑参、李白、杜甫、王维、孟浩然、刘长卿、韦应物、韩翃等人的作品。
  • 英语美文口袋书:品行篇

    英语美文口袋书:品行篇

    本套书共设计五本,选取英语国家美文,以欣赏性美文为基础,兼顾时效性和趣味性。内容涉及生活感悟、情感、美德与修养、自然、世界文化等主题,体裁不拘一格,以散文、随笔、故事等形式呈现。体例上,除提供英文和译文外,增加了内容导读、单词解释和文字赏析,便于读者在了解内容同时,达到赏析和学习语言的目的。本书为品行篇。
  • 计算机英语

    计算机英语

    本书共九章,包括:计算机的发展及总体介绍,计算机硬件,计算机操作系统,数据库系统,软件工程,计算机网络和因特网,办公自动化系统,多媒体技术以及计算机安全。每个章节都配有正文的参考译文,帮助读者更加方便地学习和理解。每章的后面配有练习题并附参考答案,以利于对本单元内容进行巩固。课后的附录包含了单词表,词组表,计算机英语语法及科技英语写作要点,全方位地给读者提供丰富的相关知识。
  • 那些无法拒绝的名篇

    那些无法拒绝的名篇

    《每天读一点英文》是一套与美国人同步阅读的中英双语丛书,该丛书由美国英语教师协会推荐,内文篇目取自美国最经典、最权威、最流行的读本,适于诵读;“实战提升”部分,包括导读、单词注解、诵读名句,学习英语的同时提升演讲能力。
热门推荐
  • 惑世妖颜:超美寝室II

    惑世妖颜:超美寝室II

    她,聪慧过人却自命不凡;他,惑世容颜却蛮横无理。她,是学校的奇葩,是家族的宠儿;他,是老师的眼中钉,是父母的心头刺。“要玩命别找我们这种胆小又怕事的小。”浑身脏兮兮的女孩仍是一副高傲。靠!开什么玩笑,十三岁以后就没人敢那么大声跟他说话,她却叫嚣地理直气壮,而她还自称胆小怕事?有点意思,本少爷不把你玩的哭爹喊娘,岂会罢休!
  • 与鬼厮混的日子

    与鬼厮混的日子

    这是个关于阴阳秘术,江湖奇人的小说,当今许多秘术,道法,都已经失传,但有一些人,仍然保存着老祖宗留下的东西,他们通阴阳,晓道法,身怀绝技,或隐藏在都市之中,或修道与山野乡村。这是个神鬼与人界限不在分明的时代,也是个色彩斑斓信仰缺失的时代,两个倒霉蛋,一路跌跌撞撞的闯进了阴阳道法的世界,揭开了一个个隐藏在阳光下的阴影迷雾。
  • 欢乐之城

    欢乐之城

    咔嗒…一阵硬币的滚动声传来,嘭咚!紧接着贩卖机下面的物品出口打开了,叶简以为是瓶饮料,结果捡起来一看,是一个棒棒糖。
  • 董其昌与松江派

    董其昌与松江派

    中国文化知识读本:董其昌与松江派》中优美生动的文字、简明通俗的语言、图文并茂的形式,把中国文化中的物态文化、制度文化、行为文化、精神文化等知识要点全面展示给读者。点点滴滴的文化知识仿佛颗颗繁星,组成了灿烂辉煌的中国文化的天穹。能为弘扬中华五千年优秀传统文化、增强各民族团结、构建社会主义和谐社会尽一份绵薄之力。
  • 圣山

    圣山

    吴文君,女,浙江海宁人,浙江省作家协会会员,上海首届作家研究生班学员,鲁迅文学院第十七届中青年作家高研班学员,作品发表在《北京文学》、《大家》、《收获》、《上海文学》、《中国作家》、《钟山》、《山花》等多家文学期刊。
  • 天行

    天行

    号称“北辰骑神”的天才玩家以自创的“牧马冲锋流”战术击败了国服第一弓手北冥雪,被誉为天纵战榜第一骑士的他,却受到小人排挤,最终离开了效力已久的银狐俱乐部。是沉沦,还是再次崛起?恰逢其时,月恒集团第四款游戏“天行”正式上线,虚拟世界再起风云!
  • 奥特曼之无限宇宙

    奥特曼之无限宇宙

    在奥特曼的世界中,赛罗,梦比优斯等诸多奥特曼与众多邪恶势力的对决。正义与爱,赛罗面临难题,将如何抉择。面对人类的本性,梦比优斯是否该选择相信。光之国的奥特战士,又该如何对付强大的敌人。潜藏在最深处的黑暗到底是什么,这一层层神秘的面纱该如何揭开!(求推荐,求评论,求顺便收藏!!!)
  • 我有一片蚂蚁森林

    我有一片蚂蚁森林

    灵气复苏,世界大变!富人看武道,穷人靠变异!余尧则不一样,他靠种树!(无限流)
  • 天行

    天行

    号称“北辰骑神”的天才玩家以自创的“牧马冲锋流”战术击败了国服第一弓手北冥雪,被誉为天纵战榜第一骑士的他,却受到小人排挤,最终离开了效力已久的银狐俱乐部。是沉沦,还是再次崛起?恰逢其时,月恒集团第四款游戏“天行”正式上线,虚拟世界再起风云!
  • 谜梦录

    谜梦录

    一篇短篇小说,只是分着一章记载几个比较有趣的故事罢了,我有故事,你有酒吗?